The long-awaited Combat Update also known as Minecraft 1.9 will soon be available officially, but you can test it out right now because the first Minecraft 1.9 pre-release is out on the Minecraft launcher! The update features a combat overhaul, flying, the end rework and much more…
After almost 2 years of development and tons of snapshots, the update is finally close. The Minecraft 1.9 pre-release features a content complete update that’s stable and mostly fine to play with, apart from the odd bug here and there, so even the casual player can jump in now. If you’re not up-to-date with what this update brings, check out Snapshot News, our recap of all the changes as they happen. Here are the relevant issues of Snapshot News in chronological order:
- SNAPSHOT NEWS – MINECRAFT 1.9 COMBAT UPDATE TEASE
- SNAPSHOT NEWS – THE FIRST 1.9 SNAPSHOT IS HERE!
- SNAPSHOT NEWS – MINECRAFT FLYING!
- SNAPSHOT NEWS – FLYING AND REWORKED BOATS ARE HERE!
- SNAPSHOT NEWS – ENCHANTMENTS, IGLOOS, CAPTIONS AND MORE!
In short, the update features:
- Elytra – wings that allow you to fly, or more accurately glide, through the world.
- Revamped Combat – shields, special arrows, dual-wielding and more changes to make combat more exciting.
- Reworked End – the End dimension has been reworked, featuring new structures, creatures, blocks and systems.
- Igloos – new randomly generated structures in icy biomes with a sinister underbelly.
- New boats – featuring different types of wood and better steering.
- Tons more – new enchantments, captions, new potions and just tons more cool stuff.
All this information and more will soon be available in one huge article showcasing the 1.9 update, but for now we hope our Snapshot News will satisfy your curiosity. Mojang also released a blog post with the pre-release, but they didn’t publish a full changelog, but rather just changes from the last snapshot.
You can download the Minecraft 1.9 pre-release via the Minecraft launcher (just go to Edit Profile and enable developmental versions).
Like always, feel free to discuss the pre-release and voice any feedback you might have in the comment section below.